IT'S MAPLE FEST!
- Discover all four ways the Arboretum collects maple sap
- See if sap is flowing today on the self-guided Maple Walk
- Browse maple-themed goodies including pure maple syrup and candies in the Gift Store and Balcony
Saturday, March 30, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
$15 ages 11 and up, $10 ages 4-10, children 3 and under are free!
MacMillan, Oswald Visitor Center
Arboretum admission is included with registration.
Feast on all you can eat pancakes and bacon, complemented by maple syrup and toppings bar, milk, coffee, apple juice and orange juice. Bloody Mary and Mimosa Bar available at cash bar.
Saturday March 30, 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Learn about maple syrup from tree to tasting. Learn how to tap a tree, check the sapflow pressure gauge, and visit the Sugarhouse to see sap boiling. Maple Syrup tasting at the end!
Pop-Up Mini Workshop
Create-Your-Own Kokedama Mini Workshop
Select a Session
Saturday, March 30
11:30 a.m. - noon l 12:30 - 1 p.m. l 1:15 - 1:45 p.m. l 2 - 2:30 p.m.
A MapleFest special pop-up event! Kokedama is a Japanese variant of bonsai, in which live moss is essentially used as a container for another plant. These moss balls can hold many types of decorative houseplants. They are equally beautiful displayed on a table or suspended by your window and are easy to care for. The experience will take a half-hour or less. You will:
- Learn more about this unique display technique
- Choose from an assortment of small (approx 2 inch) decorative plants, specially selected for ideal kokedama conditions (indoor, indirect light, intermittent watering, etc)
- Follow along step-by-step as you create your own kokedama (approx 4 inches) to take home
- Receive a helpful care sheet and instructions how to make more at home
Limit 8 per session, Visitor Center
$20 per project, does not include Arboretum admission. Walk-in registration based on availability; first-come, first-served
Learn more & register
Thanks to the generosity of Sturdiwheat, a Minnesota-based company, for donating the pancake mix for the Saturday breakfast.