Summer Art Crawl
Saturday, August 13, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sunday, August 14, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Free with gate admission
Thanks to all the artists and patrons who helped make this year's Art Crawl a wonderful success! The weather could not have been more perfect for an outdoor event! For the first time, awards were given to artists with exceptional lines and beautifully displayed merchandise. Here is a list of the winners!
- First Place: Katharine Eksuzian, Umami Pottery, Ceramics
- Second Place: Wendy Smith, Wendess Designs, Painting
- Third Place: Bernadette Johnson, Bernadette Johnson Designs, Jewelry
- Award of Excellence: Ben Pawlak, Rusty Nail Woodcraft Inc, Wood
- Award of Excellence: Christina Plichta, Fresh & Alive Fine Art, Painting
- Award of Excellence: Jay Rasmussen, Jay Rasmussen Photography, Photography
- Award of Excellence: Diane Gramm, Fiber Arts
- Award of Excellence: Kim & Jody Reinardy and Joe Fliegel, Art in the Garden, Metal
Congratulations to everyone!
Back for its fourth year, the newly expanded Summer Art Crawl is a unique showcase of art and nature, geared to Arboretum visitors of all ages. Find a wide variety of juried art displayed by talented artists who will be on hand to meet with visitors in the "Artist Village" near the Margot Picnic Shelters. The Artist Village is a place where visitors and artists can mix, mingle, stroll, eat and shop!
Food and beverage concessions will be on site to serve hungry, thirsty patrons!
The Summer Art Crawl is a showcase of art! Nature featuring traditional art mediums:
- Fiber Arts
- Mixed Media
New for this year: Artisan Marketplace! Support local artists--all art is for sale.
Artisan Marketplace is for those whose art is outside the traditional art mediums listed above but is inspired by and reflects nature. Some examples are:
- Culinary Art
- Bath and body items made from honey, beeswax, plants or flowers
Check out video from Art Crawl 2015! Many thanks to videographer Tony Eaton!
2016 Art Crawl Participating Artists